Youth memberships are designed to teach children and teenagers (aged 12 to 17) all about physical fitness. Our qualified health and fitness professionals design a safe, fun and exciting workout for our younger members.
PriceWe help to set the foundations for 'fitness for life' by teaching young people how to use gym equipment with correct technique. Our Youth membership is $25.50p/p per fortnight (individual) or $23.00p/p per fortnight (family), involves a minimum commitment of three months, and a joining fee of $55.
- Hour Personal Success Planning Session: Program Run through, goal setting and ongoing support from a qualified fitness professional.
- Health Club Access (see hours)
- Stadium access
- Pool access
- Group fitness classes*
Terms and conditions
- Member must be aged 12 to 17 years with written permission from a parent or guardian.
- Can access the Health Club during any centre times when actively supervised by a responsible adult YMCA member 18+ years.
- If not accompanied by an adult member, teens must attend during session times when a qualified fitness professional is present on the gym floor.
- Must complete the appropriate initial appointments with a trainer to insure appropriate use of the weights and equipment.
*Body Pump requires participants to be 16 years or above. Adult supervision is recommended but not essential
Youth members have limited access hours:
- Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am - 12:00pm
Facilities and classesWith this membership you'll enjoy access to:
- Fully equipped gym
- Group fitness classes with the exception of Body Pump (members aged 16 and above can access all classes).
- Heated indoor pools
- Aquatic group fitness classes
- Lockers to store your gear securely
- Personal Success Plan including a full induction and access to ongoing tailored programming with our qualified trainers.
Personal Success Plan
Your Personal Success Plan will kick-start with a one-hour one-on-one induction with a qualified trainer (parent or guardian required to attend). The member must complete the personal success plan before the member can access the gym/ group fitness. Your trainer will listen to your goals and tailor a program to suit your needs and fitness level. You’ll receive:
- One-on-one consultation and goals session with a qualified trainer.
- Full fitness program tailored to your fitness goals.
- A second 30-minute follow-up appointment to assess your progress and adjust your program.
- A third one-hour session with a qualified instructor to re-assess your fitness and progress your program
- 10% off merchandise
- Access to YMCA Healthy Living Magazine
- YMCA member benefits card, giving you reciprocal rights when visiting our other facilities in Victoria
Register your interest